Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Dublin Simon Fun Run

Dear Friends,

To leave behind the rush of the elections, Patricija & I decided to do something charitable.
In Ireland, charity is a virtue of high-visibility, and sports events often promote some charitable cause, collecting money at the event (like money for animal shelter in Repkov Tek in Slovenia).

This time, we have joined the 25th Annual Simon Fun Run. in 5 miles in Phoenix park in Dublin, we will meet with more than 2000 runners that traditionally run in this event. In addition to the starting fee, we have donated some money ourselves. If you feel like contributing and support the cause, here is the link to donate ("sponsor" the runner):

Click here to sponsor Pegaz

And this are the words I put together for the sponsoring page.
If you decide to donate through PayPal, I will receive an email.
Of course, I will forward any money collected this way to the organizers.

Cheers!
---

Dear Sponsor, Dear Friend,

This Sunday, 11. October, we are running for the benefit of the homeless people in Dublin. I support this initiative since I think this is a good way to do something for them in an organized way. Patricija & I are running the race together - for the first time! - and are looking for "sponsors" to co-donate for our cause with us.

Charity runs are one of the nicest traditions in Ireland, and I am very grateful to you for your time and for whatever you can spend to help.

About payment: you can use the sponsorship fom on the Simon Fun Run website. Since the page is not secure (https://), you can also use
http://www.paypal.com
and go to Send money - Send Money online

From: "your email"
For: service/other
You will have to create an account with PayPal, but I find it one of the few really useful sites to leave my credit card info in. I have been using it since 2000.

And of course, stay tuned to the post-FunRun report on Hlevcek.blogspot.com!

Thank you again for your support!

Yours, always,

Andrej / Pegaz

4 comments:

Nataša Pregl said...

ok, ok, ampak kdo je Simon? Fotr od Simone Weiss? Hm ...

Pegaz said...

For all of you wondering who Simon is, you can read up more about the project:
http://www.dubsimon.ie/

Simon Says: click the link! ;)

mojcej77 said...

Pegaz!:)))
Where can I sponsor Patricia ;)))?

lp,

m

Pegaz said...

Oh, silly me!

For those who wish to sponsor Patricija, here is her link:
http://www.funrun.ie/sponsors/default.asp?u=1479&g=

Thanks so much!